Well known Australian Sports Physician - Dr Corey Cunningham has just released a new video onto our online educational portals Physioprofessor.com and for Full Access members of thePTProfessor.com
In this fantastic presentation Dr Cunningham – outlines and describes the medical interventions all health professionals must know – when diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating tendon injuries.
This session is excellent for all health professionals wanting to increase their knowledge of tendon injury management – including imaging options, injections, nutritional aspects and manual therapy methods.
This presentation includes:
- The essential questions you must ask when treating tendon pathology.
- The alternative diagnosis not to be missed in tendon management.
- The images that need to be done and when - including MRI, Plain X-Ray and Ultrasound – and what to look for on these scans.
- How to determine if a symptom is relevant and/or important in tendon pathology.
- The truth about calcaneal spurs and when to be concerned.
- The best imaging method available for assessing cartilage injury.
- The 3 main medical treatment options for tendinopathies and an overview of many other alternative treatment options – do you know the latest options?
- Which anti-inflammatory will give the best results in tendon pathology – and when to use each of these - if at all.
- The best medication for pre training and pre game pain management but not for long term use.
- When and why to recommend cortisone injections and when to avoid their use in athletes.
- The truth about tendon rupture and cortisone injection and how to reduce the risk of tendon damage.
- The best medical management for heel pain - and when this method is not effective.
- The one body part where a one off cortisone injection can be useful and when not to do a second injection.
- Explanation of PRP injection use in tendon injury management – why, how and when to use this treatment option.
- What the cosmetic industry can teach us about tendon pathology and treatment.
- The treatment program used in European football for over 30 years but only just started to be used in other countries.
- Why PRP injections are also being used for joint pathology and why.
- What the Australian Sailing team physio is recommending their athletes drink to reduce tendon pain and pathology.
- How the Australian Institute of Sport medical team are managing tendon problems.
- How to help your clients make the best decisions regarding injury management and pathology.
- The SIJ treatment method that can effectively reduce pain and increase function.
- How and when to use nitrate patches to help manage tendon pain – and the main side effect to be aware of.
- The new treatment modality that can only be done at lunchtimes and late Friday afternoons so as not to upset the other patients - this is a brutal treatment method – but highly effective.
- When to consider surgery and for which specific body parts.
- The “magic number” that indicates surgery is required in shoulder tendon pathology.
- Why delaying surgery in some body parts can be counterproductive to a successful outcome.
- How to determine and understand “full thickness” versus a “partial thickness” tear of the rotator cuff – and what this means regarding surgery.
- The hand injury that you only have 7-10 days to identify before it becomes permanent.
Plus Much More
All current members of PhysioProfessor.com and Full Access members of thePTProfessor.com can watch this three part video by logging into the program and selecting this session.
Watch This Session from ONLY $4.95
If you are not a current member – and want to view this video plus have access to incredible presentations from some of the worlds leading health and fitness educators – go to www.PhysioProfessor.com
( for Physios and Allied Health Professionals)
( for Personal Trainers).
Note – this session is only available to FULL ACCESS members of thePTProfessor.com so make sure you take out a full access trial membership to access this session.
You can take a 30 day test drive of either program starting from ONLY $4.95 - with the regular monthly membership fee commencing after the 30 day trial.
You can cancel at any time and there are no lock in contracts with any of my education portals,
NOTE- Only ONE 30 day trial is available per person - so if you have already used your trial period at a previous time – you are not able to activate another one and will need to pay the normal monthly rate.
To find out more and to take the 30 day test drive starting from ONLY $4.95 go to:
www.PhysioProfessor.com – for Physios and Allied Health
www.thePTProfessor.com - for Personal Trainers